The title is a lie. What I’m posting here is the original recipe from the book. I like it as a baseline chili recipe since it has all the essentials, making for a good platform to customize from.
But I keep losing my damn notes on how I mess with it. So I’ve got to start from scratch again. I figure if I keep it here then maybe I’ll feel sufficiently compelled to track my progress here that it’ll actually happen.
ANYway, here goes:
- 3 pounds cooked ground beef
- 2 cans (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14oz) chili beans, undiluted
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 can corn, drained. Corn doesn’t go in chili. That’s just gross. But it’s in the original recipe, so I’m leaving it in.
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano.
As this is a crock pot recipe, you can imagine the one line instructions.
Now, a lot of these things don’t make sense. A can of tomato sauce? what size? etc. I’ll noodle with it, see what I come up with and report back.
Things I generally add on:
- a Guinness